DEALEY Division will participate in Bridgeport's Basket Brigade. This event prepares and distributes Thanksgiving meal baskets to needy families and veterans. We will provide traffic control but will assist in building and distributing baskets as required.
- Date: Saturday, November 20, 2021.
- Muster: 0800. (Update)
- End of event: 1500 (Update). Due to COVID protocols, less volunteers than usual will work in shifts. We may have to adjust to the same model to keep cadet involvement to a reasonable time commitment. Keep checking this page and your email for updates.
- Uniform: NWU Type III with black fleece, black thermal mock t-shirt, black wool hat and black gloves. We will issue these items as they are available. Cadets can use alternatives for the thermal shirt, hat and gloves as long as they are the correct color and style. All participants will wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
- Location: Public Works Facility, 581 N. Washington Ave., Bridgeport, 06604. Cadets can be dropped off and pick up at the end of the event. (Update): Due to attendance constraints Parents cannot stay to observe or participate.
- Weather: Areas of frost before 8am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a high near 47. Light and variable wind. Wx link.
- Event Webpage:
- Community service project: Credit for service hours will be provided for you school or organization if requested.